P-2 Visa

A P-2 visa is a temporary work visa for artists and entertainers who wish to participate in a government approved reciprocal exchange program in the U.S.

The P-2 Visa Entitlements

A P-2 visa entitles the holder to participate in an exchange program in the U.S. A P-2 visa is usually granted for the duration of their program and extensions may be granted. Artists and entertainers with a P-2 visa are permitted dual intent, meaning the applicant can maintain P-2 visa status while applying for a Green Card to remain in the U.S. permanently.

Essential support personnel wishing to accompany P-2 visa applicants may be eligible to apply for a P-2 visa if their skills and experience are essential to the principal applicant’s performance.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (P-4 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States but are not entitled to undertake any employment without obtaining an appropriate work visa.

The P-2 Visa Requirements

To qualify for a P-2 visa, the applicant must be an artist or entertainer, either individually or as part of a group who has been accepted or invited to participate in a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the U.S. and an organization in another country. The artist or entertainer must possess skills comparable to those of the U.S. artists and entertainers participating in the program abroad. In addition, the applicant must have a U.S. employer, organization or agent to sponsor their participation in the exchange program in the U.S. P-2 visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements

Full service cost - $5,000

Back to the list