Family Visas

The U.S. Work Visa and Green Card categories are particularly designed by the U.S government to attract people from all industries to occupy key positions in the U.S. Some U.S Work visas allow for extended visa options that may eventually lead to permanent residence in the United States. As the largest economy in the world, the United States offers foreign worker and migrants’ unique opportunities to pursue and achieve their dreams and experience first-and American hospitality. The Alien Registration Receipt Card also popularly known as the ‘Green Card’ was initially introduced in the 1940’s. it became popularly known by its alias (Green Card) because when it was introduced as a document containing the name, photograph, registration number, date of birth, date and port of entry, it was green in colour; hence the name. At other times, the colour of the card has been pink, blue and white. The card grants the holder a lawfully recognized permission to be a permanent resident on American soil.

Siblings of U.S. Citizen (F-4) Green Card Category
The Sibling of US Citizen category enables US citizens to sponsor their sister, brother, half-sister, half-brother, stepsister, stepbrother or adopted brother or sister living abroad or already residing in the United States to live and work in the US on a permanent basis.

Spouse or Child of US Permanent Resident (F2) Green Card Category
The Spouse or Child of U.S. Permanent Resident Green Card category enables lawful permanent residents of the United States to sponsor their foreign spouses and children to live and work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. In addition, the unmarried children under 21 years of age of the spouse, and the unmarried children of the U.S. lawful permanent resident and the unmarried children under 21 years of age of the lawful permanent resident’s children may apply for U.S. permanent residence as well. Around 88,000 immigrant visas are allowed to be given out each year to the spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age of green card holders. But only around 26,000 visas per year can go to their unmarried children over 21 years of age. The law places no time limits on processing the applications. The current waiting period for a spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 is a little less than two years. This is the lowest wait time in this category in recent history. Children over 21 should, however, should be prepared to wait longer for their immigrant visas. The green card–holding parent or spouse may be able to hurry the process along by becoming a U.S. citizen. Whichever your case is, Migration experts can help you with the processing of immigration to the U.S.

F-1 to F-3 Visas for Children of U.S. Citizens
Whenever immigration laws or issues come up within the U.S government, keeping families together is a priority. Children of U.S citizens or permanent residents, born outside the U.S, are because of this consideration also eligible for green cards so as to enable them join the rest of their family members in the U.S. This chapter addresses only children whose parents have already immigrated to the United States. The F-1 and F-3 Green Cards are family based, first and third preference visas that provide lawful permanent residence to adult and married children of U.S. citizens. There is a limit to the number of visas available in these categories each year, so there is usually a waiting period before an immigrant visa number becomes available.

I R Green Cards for Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens
The I R Green Card is a family based visa that provides lawful permanent residence to immediate relatives of U.S. citizens. I R Green Card applicants have special immigration priority and there is no limit to the number of visas available in this category.

K-3 Visa for Spouses of U.S. Citizens
Every year, millions of people fall in love with one another at various parts of the world. The U.S and her citizens are no exception. Some couples meet overseas, some meet when the foreigner is working, travelling or studying in the U.S. Research as shown that in few cases, both couples are actually foreign born but one of them has become a U.S citizen or permanent resident. Irrespective of how each story came about, the topmost priority right now may be to join up in the U.S as soon as possible.
Anyone who has entered into a bona fide, legal marriage to a U.S citizen or a lawful permanent resident can qualify for this category of visas. Bona fide means that the marriage is based on a desire to create a life together with your new spouse, not merely for a desire to obtain a green card; and for the marriage to be legal, it means that such a marriage is recognized by the laws of the land and country which you live in. It does not matter whether the marriage ceremony is carried out in the U.S or somewhere else. It is essential however, that the marriage respects local laws and that you obtain a document, such as a marriage certificate to prove that you done so.
A K-3 visa is a temporary family visa that allows spouses of U.S. citizens to come to the U.S. to live with their spouse while waiting for their visa number (I-130) to become available. Spouses of U.S. citizens who are beginning the immigration process are not required to obtain a K-3 visa, however this process may be faster and permit the spouse to enter the U.S. sooner than waiting for their I-130 alone. A K-3 visa is only available to spouses of U.S. citizens who live outside the U.S.

K-1 Visas for Fiancé (e) s of U.S. Сitizens
A K-1 visa is a temporary family visa that allows fiancés of U.S. citizens to come to the U.S. to get married. Once the K-1 visa has been issued and the couple has married, the foreign spouse (or K-1 visa holder) is entitled to apply for a Green Card as an Immediate Relative and remain in the U.S. while the application is processed. A K-1 visa is only available to fiancés of U.S. citizens who live outside the U.S. The fiancé visa (K-1) was designed to allow people who’ve become engaged to but haven’t yet married a U.S. citizen to travel to the U.S. for the wedding. Unfortunately, it isn’t available to the fiancés of U.S. permanent residents (green card holders). Your minor children can go with you to the U.S. If you marry within 90 days, you and your children can apply for a green card. Otherwise, you must leave the U.S. before the date indicated on your passport.